A dish from one PW to another!

I don't know why lately, in the midst of all this stifling heat, I have been craving comfort food.  Could be because I got the AC cranked up, so a good hot dish seams appropriate.  This dish recipe was given to me by one of my PW friends.  Being the rebel that I am, I  altered just a few things!  This is an easy, simple and delish meal!  Thanks Deb for sharing!

Black Bean Mushroom Chicken- From the Kitchen of PW Deb

Ingredients

5 chicken breast (I butterflied them and stuffed them with a bit on onion and garlic)
4 cloves crushed garlic
1/2 onion minced
1 can green enchilada sauce
2 cans mushroom soup
1 chicken bullion cube
salt, pepper, chili flakes, cumin, whatever you want to season the chicken
1/2 can black beans
2 cups cooked rice


Directions

1) Stuff butterflied chicken with seasoning, onion and garlic place in baking dish, top with seasonings. Broil till brown-about 15 minutes
2) Reduce heat to 375, mix enchilada sauce and mushroom soup with chicken bullion-pour over mixture
3) Spoon on top black beans-bake for 40 minutes
4) After about  35 minutes, remove chicken from baking dish, add rice and bake for remaining ten mintes.  Add chicken to top and bake for another 10 minutes-top with cheese if you really want to make this dish rich!

Oh my goodness, it is soo delicious, simple and yum yum yum!

Comments

Popular Posts