Sausage & Potatoes ala Kristin
A dear friend of mine blessed me with this lovely meal a couple weeks back and it was sooo yummy I just had to try it!
I didn't have her exact recipe but relatively did what she told me...results were quite comparable!!
6-10 Italian sausages. Or one pack
6-8 potatoes (red, russet, white...variety is yummy, but one kind will do)
4 TBS Italian seasonings
1 tbs fresh thyme
Salt &pepper to taste
1 yellow pepper chopped largely
1 red pepper chopped largely
1 TBS crushed garlic
3 TBS red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 red onion chopped coarsely
1) Brown sausages whole (cut up after)
2) chop up potatoes and season with olive oil , salt & Italian seasoning
3) bake for 30 min or until crispy & cooked
4) fry peppers,garlic and onions on high with a bit of seasoning...make sure to get a nice char on the peppers. Adds to the flavor!
5) mix red wine vinegar and sugar and set aside.
6)Put peppers, cut up potatoes and sausage in a 9x 13 inch dish. Pour red wine mixture over top and bake for another 15 minutes.
This has become my new favorite meal!:D